Follow Me :)

Follow

Saturday 19 December 2015

Blogmas Day 19: DIY Christmas Card...


I've received a fair share of handmade Christmas cards and I'm always amazed at how good they look.
I always stuck to shop bought cards because I thought I wouldn't have enough time or be able to collect the materials to make my own. But with more free time on my hands I've been able to try out some more DIY projects. One of these has included making my own Christmas cards...

All the materials and tools are household items, so sourcing them shouldn't be a problem and no special skills apart from being able to hold scissors are required!

Steps:
Step 1: Fold your A5 piece of card in half
Step 2: Measure out a piece of foil a bit smaller than A6. Tear the edges to give a more rugged effect.
Step 3: Stick the foil to the front of the card nearer the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Use the A4 paper to create around 3 paper snowflakes that'll fit on the foil. You can use blue toned pens to add some simple patterns to them.
Step 5: Stick the Snowflakes on the foil section of the card.
Step 6: Write Merry Christmas above the foil section (as the card is handmade you can personalise the greeting at the top!)
Step 7: Fill the inside with a message to the recipient and mail off!


Thanks for Reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment