Follow Me :)

Follow

Thursday 17 December 2015

Blogmas Day 17: Natural Christmas Look

My Christmas Day Make-up varies from year to year. I don't tend to plan my Make-up beforehand however seeing as last year I went for glitter galore this year I may tone it down and do my current Natural Make-up look...


Eyes:
I started by using a Maybelline 24 hour Colour Tattoo in the shade Crème de Nude to cover any veins and lighten the area. On top of this I added some translucent powder (similar to Rimmel Stay Matte) so set this and prevent creasing. In the inner corner I put on a bit of a light white shade called 'Latte' from a 'Natural Collection Duo' to open up the eyes. For the crease I added a slightly darker brown from the Make-up Revolution Flawless Palette in the shade 'Almost There' just to deepen up the socket. Next I used a thin eyeliner brush to press on a very thin line of black shadow above my eyelashes. I didn't add a flick at the end so as to keep it quite natural. I then used the shade latte on my brow bone to highlight. Finally I curled and lashes and applied the Rimmel Rockin' Curves Mascara.
Base:
I kept the base very minimal using only 3 products. For foundation I used the Rimmel Match Perfection in True Ivory for a medium coverage finish. Next I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer also in True Ivory under my eyes to hide any darkness and down the bridge of my nose as a subtly highlight.

Lips:
Since any Christmas Day lip has to last all day I went for a long lasting lip. I chose the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist. The formula is matte, so looks quite natural and is the most comfortable matte lip I've ever used (read more about the formula here). The colour is very pink for a nude, but with no blush on it's not too overwhelming!

I won't know how I'm going to do my make-up until the big day, but this is look would be a good choice as it lasts all day with out touch ups! (Photo to the left was taken 11 hours after application and all the make-up was intact)

Thanks for Reading! :)

P.s Check back for a more Glitzy and Glam Christmas look soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment