Follow Me :)

Follow

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Hype: Balmain x H&M

Although I'm a self-confessed shop-a-holic, there are very few releases that make me so excited that I plan in advance. However the H&M collaboration with Balmain is most definitely one of them.


There are many reasons I'm excited for this collection, one of the most important being the fact that I've been a fan of Balmain for quite some time. Many aspects of the garments produced by Balmain are appealing to me, such as the heavily embellishment donned my many of the pieces, the eye-catching geometric designs or the snug fit of the dresses!

However it's not just the pieces that make Balmain attractive to many people, it's what the brand today led by Olivier Rousteing's idea's, stands for; CONFIDENCE. When asked by H&M for an article, how [he] would describe the universe of Balmain in general, Rousting said;

"Flamboyant. And there is a lot of sexiness, power and glamour. Obviously, my sexy is not an easy sexy because it’s not about showing a lot of leg or skin. Instead, it comes from confidence and an attitude – men and women who believe in themselves. And are daring, because you have to be daring to wear a Balmain outfit."

Which I think is a great idea for a brand to stand behind.

Another reason I was so excited for this collaboration is also well explained by Rousting in the same article...

"What H&M represents today is exactly like my vision of the modern world. They talk to different ages, money ranges and different races. They talk to the street straightaway – I wish luxury could actually work in the same way. So I really identified with H&M, and this is honestly why I said yes to the collaboration. This is something really emotional for me."

"And [this collaboration], it’s going to be once in maybe a century that people will have this chance to get these couture things. It’s a piece of a dream I want to give to the world."

In all honesty, most of us can't afford high-end fashion nor want to due to the hefty price tags. This collab gives the everyday person a unique opportunity to own an item of such high craftsmanship.

The final thing that spurred my desire to own something from the collection is H&M's values. Many will have heard of rumours about the high-end fashion industry similar to Louis Vuitton burning unsold stock so it doesn't get into the hands of homeless people or those who cannot afford it. It's an unfortunate fact that high end brands not wanting to be associated with the poor or homeless, so they waste clothes and unsold items. These items could be put to so much good use if people were willing to overlook "business" and focus on compassion and good morals. 
H&M however run a campaign whereby they give customers £5 discount vouchers if they bring in a bag full of clothes, in any condition. The sustainability section on their site shows all the other ways H&M try to make their business ethical.
Seeing as one of the reasons I am a bit weary of high-end fashion is due to their unethical actions and waste issues, knowing H&M do such good work is inspiring and I'd be proud to support them in any ventures including the one with this high-end brand in hopes their ideals will be passed on.

RANT OVER!
To lighten the mood I thought I'd share my 5 favourite pieces from the collection...

The classic style of this bag
ensures lots of use...


The intricate detailing on the dress is gorgeous and the body con fit makes this dress sure to be a hit at any party!



The geometric design, the sparkles and the low cut v-neckline of this dress will make anyone feel sexy instantaneously!

 The perfect throw on and go blazer,
adding sophistication to any outfit!
You can have a
piece of Balmain
everywhere you go!














The texture and colour of this dress are to die for! And it can be dressed up or down!


With less than 12 hours to go until the launch, I will be online and ready with my debit card to buy a piece  from a collection sure to go down in history!

What's your favourite piece from the collection?
Thanks for reading! :)

5 comments:

  1. I saw the launch party going on at Oxford St and reeeaallyy wanted to jump in! Would love to get a piece from the collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've sent you a huuuuge list of stuff to get me since spending 3 hours refreshing the site didn't get me any of my top choices :'(

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's probably the item I wanted the most :)

      Delete